Bulky waste trial extended to 30 June
ACT Chief Minister and Minister for Territory and Municipal Services Katy Gallagher MLA today announced that the bulky waste trial has been extended until Saturday 30 June 2012.
The Chief Minister said the service, which allows older Canberrans to have bulky waste items removed free of charge, had been popular with those who had used it and funding for the program was still available.
“The 12-month bulky waste trial commenced on 27 April 2011 and there is funding leftover in the program so we are able to extend it,” the Chief Minister said.
“The trial service was designed to assist the older community members with unwanted household items to have these items picked up as a one off free of charge service.
“The ACT Government will undertake a review after 30 June 2012, but in the meantime I encourage interested members of the community to make use of the scheme.”
A number of exclusions apply. Items that are not accepted include garden waste, food waste, sheet glass, mirrors, household chemicals or hazardous waste.
Customers need to make bookings to order the service. For more information please visit www.tams.act.gov.au or call Tiny’s on 6249 7974.